The Benefits of Toning Tables
What Are the Benefits of Toning Tables?
- If you are new to exercise or have issues with mobility, exercising with toning tables may be the type of workout you are looking for. Based on a method called Induced Rhythmic Motion (IRM), toning tables allow a person to experience “stress-free” or passive exercise. Offering a series of more than a dozen different exercises the tables are designed to relax muscles that are tight or over-used and tighten other muscles that are weak and under-used.
Gentle and Stress-free
- One of the more desirable benefits of using toning tables is the “stress-free” environment for muscles and joints, especially for people who find it difficult to walk or lift weights. All exercises are performed while lying on a table that has free-moving parts that work specific muscle groups. Through passive repetitive movement, the table gently exercises one area of your body at a time, focusing mainly on large muscle groups.
- Poor circulation may often be a problem for people who are sedentary. Regular exercise with a toning table can help to stimulate blood flow, increase body fluid circulation and promote healthy lymphatic activity. Improved blood circulation may also help to boost the metabolism, which can assist weight loss efforts.
Tone Muscles and Improved Posture
- Additional benefits of exercising using toning tables include increased muscle tone and improved posture. According to Worldwide Health website, exercising with toning tables tones muscles in the stomach and shoulders. This helps to reposition the ribcage and shoulders, which improves postural alignment. Muscles that are not normally used are worked with specific exercises and are strengthened with the repetitive movement.
- For athletes who are healing from an injury, toning tables may offer the perfect solution for gentle rehabilitative exercises. Using specific targeted exercises, an injured area can remain immobile while other areas, such as the abdomen and shoulders, are toned. For someone who is used to being extremely active and not able to return to normal physical activity, toning tables may be the best exercise alternative.