The Benefits of Strength Training
- More endurance, power and strength which translate into more useable energy.
- Improved digestion and elimination processes. Your body is built for and meant to be active in all ways.
- Improved intellectual capacity and productivity. Your brain needs a reprieve from thinking; physical exercise provides that respite from the constant intellectual thinking tasks of our modern life.
- Exercise enables a better sleep pattern to develop.
- Muscle burns more calories than fat because of the higher rate of metabolism within the muscle tissues.
- Increased bone mineral density as a result of the imposed loads being placed upon the bone during the exercise sessions.
Control of depression
- You are active in a productive manner and the brain sends out endorphins signaling a happy pleasant state of mind during and after.
- You are doing something for YOURSELF.
- Added protection from heart disease: lower blood pressure reading in many cases with just a small amount of increased activity and as little as ten pounds of weight loss.
Increased endorphins (pain killers)
- The runners high.
- Increased self-confidence, self image, self-perception and outward self-projection.
- Body fat percentage decreases.
- Lean tissue percentage increases.
- Blood pressure readings decrease
- Heart rate decreases.
- Serum cholesterol decreases.
- Range of motion and flexibility increases.
- Strength increases.